How to Avoid Rust on Your Car
Protecting your car from rust is not an easy task. It could do some serious damage and affect the look and value of your car. If you choose to try our best product Mighty Armour – Ceramic Scratch Resistant Paint Protection, as part of your car maintenance routine, you can easily avoid rust. Here are 6 complete steps and a few extra tricks for preventing rust on your vehicle.
Step 1: General Maintenance
- Wash your car often, if possible at least every 14 days or even better once a week especially if the vehicle is in wet conditions and with salt on the roads during the winter periods.
- Wax your car once every three months, or if you prefer Mr Nano’s Mighty Armour will give the vehicle up to 2 years of protection depending on the exposure. But this product cuts out having to wax.
- Keep the interior area clean as well. Making sure to clean up after any spills which can cause the rust to develop under interior linings.
Step 2: Take Extra Care Around Salt
- Salt boosts the rust and salt is rusts best friend. So be very careful to keep your car spotless if you reside near the ocean or in colder climates where the roads become icy during the winter periods. Because more than likely salt is used as ice prevention on the roads near you, so during this period weekly cleaning is a must to prevent rust setting in.
- Clean the underside of your car and your wheel wells when filthy or at least once a week during the winter when salt is out.